Jun 8, 2011

Some schoolwork

Oh, the insanity.

For the last two days I have been removing strings and nails frame by frame from our stop motion shots. Even though I am using After Effects, it's still very time consuming, especially when you are dealing with shots where the puppet moves and also the background. Yeah, now that's crazy.

 But the end result looks quite nice. You almost believe that the puppet moves without any support. I can't show any clips right now but here's a screenshot:


If you are familiar how moose runs (and remember the position of the legs in each frame) then you'll notice that the gallop isn't right there. I'm fully aware of that. I used bison's gallop because the puppet had so short legs. The movement works quite well but it still annoyes me that I couldn't animate the moose run like a real moose does. Okay, I'll shut up now.

No comments:

Post a Comment